‘In My Life …’


You have read me posting comments here at my web-site regarding many public and private people in my life.

Allow for an extended accounting all in one place.  I identify private persons only by a first name; maybe they will recognise themselves if they happen upon this humble web-site.

  • ‘All the world’s a stage, we are all merely players.’

These are among the influential dramatis personae of my life:


Christine Jorgensen:  She became well-known as a pioneer beginning when she travelled to Denmark during the early 1950s. Both my father and Christine were born within months of each other during the late-1920s – my dad in New Jersey, she in New York.  Both served basic training in the military at the same base at the same time.  Did they meet or get to know each other?  My father repeatedly invoked her name to me during my childhood and teen years in times of my feminine protesting tantrums.  I was with my dad during his final weeks and asked him about Christine when her death preceded my father’s own death; he turned his head to the wall and said nothing to me.  My father left to me in his will a curious small wooden box that contained a few news articles about my Uncle Frank, my mother’s younger brother – my father had Frank arrested while he was in M-F transition during the 1950s and 1960s.  Family advised me that Uncle Frank and his wife were murdered to appear as suicide knowing the police would not bother investigating those crimes.  With those news articles in that box was a hand-written piece of paper with the name ‘Jorgensen’ and an address and telephone number to that name.  How and why would my father have come about the name. address, and telephone number of someone named Jorgensen and kept it together with news articles of his brother-in-law Frank?  My connection to Christine through my father is as yet neither proven nor dis-proven; rather it is an un-solved mystery with answers that passed with my dad’s death in 1989.  Or else it could be another hoax committed against me.

Billie Tipton:  He was another famous transsexual from the 1950s who also died not much earlier in 1989 as my dad.  He was a Jazz musician pianist and a performing artist’s manager. I have no known connection to him. Here my wonder is whether I heard his music growing up.  My mother had a collection of many phonograph records of his music genre; I constantly listened to those records as a small child.

Sharon Tate:  You already know that I take my name from Sharon Tate.  I decided on Sharon some time when I was eight or nine years old (1965).  My mom and I were alone while she was preparing Saturday breakfast.  Our conversation began as a low-key event in the course of my persistent feminine protesting tantrums.  I told my mom that I thought Sharon would be a nice name – that I wanted to be called Sharon.  My mom sniped back, ‘Sharon is a girl’s name.  You don’t want a girl’s name!’  ‘No, Mom!  My name IS Sharon!’ I insisted.  Our argument went nowhere.  I am inclined to nightmares depicting violence perhaps having been beaten and abused by family most of my life; Madi knows this first-hand.  I had a bad nightmare during early Summer 1969.  Someone named Sharon was murdered in this nightmare; I presumed that I was the victim and took this as a message that either my spirit or my body was being killed.  You know the reality.  Sharon Tate was among the murdered in a vicious crime during August 1969.  I had minimal knowledge of Sharon Tate until then; I decided I must carry Sharon in her remembrance.  Sharon Tate is in the news again – her murderer demands freedom.  No!  Those criminals must remain where they are – behind prison walls until the day they die.

Denise C:  She was a brief encounter on two occasions during the mid-1970s.  I knew only that she was who she told me – a real-life M-F transsexual.  I learned from her about the Stanford University transition program.  I contacted Stanford in 1977 and – as ‘they’ say – the rest is my history (maybe I, too, could have written ‘herstory’ but that was a worn and tired word-play by the 1970s, don’tcha know).  Denise is her private name as I knew her; she uses a ‘stage name’ for her public performing as a songwriter and musician.  I respect her privacy and shall hold myself to it.  Far greater than anything is the fact that she was my mentor; she meant almost everything to activate my transition.  Who knows where I’d be without her?  She may not realise her positive influence on me.  I tried calling her in 1978 to let her know all was well, but felt my presence might be an intrusion into her life.  That’s as much the story of my life – I shall never intrude upon another’s life.

Patti Smith:  There were a few years of my early transition that bring strong focus in my memory – 1977, 1978, 1979.  These years marked the beginning of the heart of my long-running transition.  I experienced strong emotions during those years and those emotions remain fixed.  Allow me to share that music caught and preserved my emotions.  There were two songs from Patti that make my focus:

  • ‘Privilege’:  I have a version of this song from a decade earlier that was little more than rote production.  Smith put her emotion to this version and made it personal for my struggles.  This song rescued me from my thoughts of suicide in the midst of my early transition days (https://youtu.be/u-7fibt4DU8).

Genya Ravan:  She is a Shoah hero; I am a humble student of the Shoah.  She brings it back – ‘Urban Desire’ (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8umFHHqNNfmuCc_HkcZRG_bbQEhiV-9L).

Ellie Wiesel:  I attended the ‘Seeds of World Conflict’ course at University of Utah (Autumn quarter 1983).  Mr. Wiesel was one of the presenters.  Wow!  What an opportunity to meet this man.  I had been a ‘student of the Shoah’ since my early high school years.  I would later complete another course in the Shoah at Grand Canyon University.

  • ‘Indifference is the greatest sin.  Hatred is a disease.  You must speak, you must take sides, neutrality helps the oppressor.’

Maria Masters:  I watched many of the interview shows during the 1980s:  Phil Donahue, Sally Jessy Raphael, Geraldo Rivera, Jenny Jones, Joan Rivers, etc.  These shows frequently included a panel of guests.  Maria was one M-F who made the talk-show circuit rounds.  She invited people in the audience to write to her; I took her up on her invitation.  We maintained a pen-pal correspondence for more than a year or two then lost contact with each other.  She held one insistent warning to me and others – be carefull about going public because you will lose your privacy.  I did not know the term ‘stealth’ but her admonishment kept me in stealth all these intervening years.  Here’s to you Maria hoping you are doing well now.

Dr. Chettawut Tulayaphanich:  He is considered among the world’s top three best GCS / SRS surgeons.  It has been(2016 02 xx) Dr Chettawut Thank You Card (cover) an honour that Dr. Chettawut has allowed me to know him beginning with our correspondences last June 2015.  Many of you have met Dr. Chettawut, many will meet him one day as their surgeon.  I hope he will bring peace to your life.  I have been floating a trial balloon to organise a re-union of Dr. Chettawut patients – perhaps a week or two next year around January or February when the weather is not quite as humid and rainy as other times during the year.  Baan Siri Cottages could be a good place for all to stay – a homecoming residence to the many who stayed there for their services with Dr. Chettawut.  Baan Siri has a large restaurant that can be booked for events.  Baan Siri is close to the airport, close to rail terminals (Hua Mak and Phetchaburi stations) and bus, close to Dr. Chettawut’s clinic.  Is this pie in the sky or is it possible?  It is for you alumnae to decide.   Sahwdee Kah and Kapung Kah!

Here is a Google Maps URL to see the ‘street view’ of Dr. Chettawut’s clinic at Bangkok (dated November 2014):

Here is a Google Maps URL to see both Dr. Chettawut’s Clinic and the Baan Siri Cottages – less than 10 miles apart.

Here is the Google Maps URL for the Baan Siri (Bangkok Rama) Hotel at Phatthanakarn Road:


Timmy G:  He was a neighbour from across the street where my family resided at Windsor Avenue when I was a small child.  He and his family moved to a ranch; I read a few years later that he won a championship in competition in youth ranching.  Way to go, Timmy!

Debbie T:  She was another neighbour from across the street where my family resided at Windsor Avenue.  Sadly, she got involved with illicit drugs during her teen years.  As I recall the events, a drug dealer named Hector kidnapt Debbie and two of her friends, drove them to Mexico, injected them with an overdose of drugs, and left the three for dead.  Debbie succumbed to the overdose; her two friends survived and reported the crime to American authorities.  The strange connection in this is that I also knew Hector when he caused an uproar at Thanksgiving Day dinner the year earlier.  Did you remember that, Bev?

Jeff Z:  We grew up together beginning 3rd Grade.  His family was a second family to me for many years – even after high school.  We were friends through Boy Scouts together, we tented together when our Troop went camping during school year weekends, we were team-mates during Morse code competition at that Boy Scout Jamboree (1971).  During sleep-overs at his home, we frequently slept in an alcove on the roof – adventurous kids, we were; looking at the on-line mapping web-site, I found his home where he and I played together, that house is now being re-constructed, our alcove is gone.  I lived with Jeff during the last two weeks before my dad, Slim, and I moved to Greece (1971); I lived with Jeff when my dad, Slim, and I returned from Greece (1973).  I visited Jeff the next Summer when my dad was on his way to Brasil (1974):  we went boating and swimming at the lake with other former class-mates, his mom (a nurse) took care of me when I incurred heat stroke, Jeff confided in me of some personal experiences that Summer, but I feared returning the favour.  Our homes were 200 miles apart during those years after Greece.  I travelled to visit Jeff and his family as however and whenever I could throughout the years; Jeff came to visit me when I lived at Williams while working for the Forest Service, I was awkward as a host.  Jeff spent Summer 1983 working for a law firm at Salt Lake City; we visited a few times, that was the last time we saw each other.  I tried to correspond with Jeff at various times since then – e-mails during 1990s; I presented myself to him as only Sharon in my e-mails, I didn’t tell him that I was Nick, I recounted to him the many events that we shared throughout our years of friendship, events that only he and I knew.  Dunno if he figured it out; likely, he never replied to me.  I moved to Phoenix in 1993; I was up for my experiment for Jeff who worked at that Phoenix high rise on Central / Osborn that was designed to appear as a keypunch card.  He’s the guy I went to wait for at the lobby (January 1994).  I was determined to know if Jeff could recognise me after our many years of separation – he didn’t.  Or maybe he did and he chose to ignore me, chose to keep walking.

Dawn F:  She was a 4th Grade class-mate and probably my first girl best friend.  My sister unrelentingly teased me about her.

Debbie E:  We were friends and class-mates during 5th Grade; she sat in front of me along the left-most aisle.  We blew fuzzies.  ‘Buggy!’

April F:  We were class-mates during 8th Grade.  She is of note to me for the way she styled her hair.  She had a haircut short for a girl, shorter than mine for a Catholic school boy, yet had a way to style her hair in a very feminine manner that I copied at home when I dressed in my sister’s clothes after school.

Steve T:  He is the son of Uncle Frank.  Orphaned with his two sisters, his family sent him to the foster care and adoption system never to be heard from since 1970 while their grandparents took custody of both his sisters.  My father and other family refuse to answer my questions about Steve.  Kathy, Jean, Nancy – I dare you to come clean about cousin Steve.  Beverly, how dare you claim you never heard of your own cousin Steve!  Family told me to forget about Steve; nope, I think about Steve every day and ponder how life has been for him.

Laurel J:  She was my 10th Grade English teacher.  We also became friends that year and for many years later.  I wrote about Laurel in my ‘Pescadero’ post.  I had an opportunity to visit her at her home at up-state Pescadero one Summer.  I nearly confided my personal secret to her but chickened out when she saw some incriminating papers fall from my high school yearbook and gave a strange expression to me that I was not certain whether she was re-assuring or supporting.  I did come out to her a few years later.  She visited with me briefly during my time at Utah (1982).  We talked for many, many hours during her two-day stay.  She thought she could convince me to cease my transition.  She frequently told me, ‘Nick, you are an attractive man; you can have any woman you want.’  I have no acceptance that I was an ‘attractive man’ when I perceived that my male appearance was ugly.  Laurel was among the first friends whom I informed of my successfull transition to female full-time and forever (1985).  We eventually lost contact with each other.

Mary C:  We were 10th Grade class-mates (1971 – 1972 school year).  We danced at the prom that school year; I crashed at her residence at the American Farm School following that prom.  We remained in contact through letters and cassette tape recordings.  She was one of the first friends to whom I confided my secret (1978).  She initially supported me.  Suddenly, after three decades of friendship, she sent an e-mail to me calling me vile names and telling me to not bother writing to her again (2002).  An earlier e-mail from her accomplished one vital result – cover for my change.  A co-worker asked me to teach her about Internet e-mail.  I happened to open a new e-mail from Mary; she referred to me in my female persona during our high school days.  What a gift from her!

Mary G:  She was in 11th Grade the year of my 10th Grade; she asked me to be her prom date that school year.  We ate our dinner and spent time talking; we had a few dances.  I felt bad that I also turned my attention to Mary C. at that same prom.  It took one year for me to correct my error; I did so at the prom when she was in 12th Grade and I was in 11th Grade that following year.  School teachers pressed me to ask Lee Anne to the prom when I was in 11th Grade – she wanted to attend, she was hot wanting me to ask her to be my date, few boys asked her, she passed on them and waited for me to ask her; I agreed to it.  Recall that, to many class-mates and teachers, they curiously considered me a catch and in demand as the Dasahori student when I attended an American international school at Pylaia, Greece (1971 – 1973).  Through the course of that prom night, I found it easy to let Lee Anne go when she wanted to dance and socialise with other school-mates; her departure allowed the opportunity for me to re-settle for a make-up night with this Mary.  We had a great time talking and dancing.  Did she realise how close I came confiding with her that night?

Clinton D:  This is how small a world we live in.  School-mate brothers from Pinewood School (Pylaia, Greece) once were school-mates with Clinton (Albuquerque, New Mexico).  Here we were, Clint and I, a chance meeting at the school bus stop talking as we waited and discovering our common past.  Small world, indeed.  We became friends in our own right beginning 12th Grade.  I stayed with him as he prepared for duty with the Navy – stationed at Yokosuka, Japan, where his mother’s family resided.  We kept in contact throughout his service – letters and cassette audio tapes.  He stayed at my home when he got his discharge; we had a celebration with Vicki H, a mutual friend from high school.  It was during Clint’s stay at my home that we discovered he was rendered ill from Agent Orange – I rescued him from a series of brain seizures that began shortly after his discharge.  Clint and I enjoyed travelling together, sky-diving, music (The Beatles), and talking politics.  Oh, boy!  I made my move from Utah to Tucson (1985) and was about to tell him when he interrupted me with his good news – his marriage was the next week and he wanted me to stand as his ‘Best Man’.  My news would have to wait until after that week.  He initially seemed accepting of me as did his wife; she knew me the preceding several years so it was not as if we were strangers.  At some time a month or two later, Clint’s wife told me that he would not be allowed to visit with me – that it is Japanese custom for a man to depart from all women he knew before marriage and that included me.  Good news in that she considered me female.  Then our relationship soured when Clint took a violent turn siccing four of his buddies on me – all former college football players.  I was fortuneate that my car started quickly allowing me to make a fast getaway that Sunday morning.  Clinton and my dad ganged up against me (November 1985) trying to physically intimidate me to not change;  they had no idea it was a fait accompli – or maybe they wanted me to change from female to male.  Clinton and his wife eventually moved cross-country.  I wrote and re-wrote an anniversary card last year – it was difficult to put to words what we both missed these past 30-some years.

Lisa C:  She was my girl friend from the mid-1970s.  We attended high school not quite knowing each other – she a 10th Grader on Yearbook staff and I a 12th Grader in the Photography class; I have no specific recall of her during that school year though we surely would have met doing projects or discussing lay-out.  We became friends the next school year – she in 11th Grade and I a student of the local community college attending classes held at the high school.  We re-acquainted in a curious way that I shall retain as our secret.  We found each other to have the same circle of friends; one would not make it much further in his life – he would perish in a car crash on Charleston Road (1975).  Lisa continued seeing me while I still appeared ambiguous (to 1978); the next time she saw me was when I finished my ‘male fail’ and delayed completing my transition for a week or so (1985).  Recall I was not quite steady presenting to my father though the time would occur within the month.  Lisa and I met at the end of the school day where she worked at the local high school (1985); my appearance was obviously female as you can see in my 1985 college ID photograph, but I had to present as male to her and my dad in this circumstance.  Lisa and I instantly recognised each other though we had been seven years apart.  It was gratifying seeing her but I could not tell her in that environment.  Years passed; my dad acted as go-between shuttling messages and ‘Hello’ notes between us – until my dad fell terminally ill at school during one of his lessons (1989).  I called and commiserated with Lisa several times during those subsequent months; I identified myself to her as Sharon, not Nick, and she comprehended.  Again, my father’s illness and his passing was not the time to discuss my specifics.  A few years later, I moved 250 miles distant and I found myself an opportunity to travel to take care of business near where she resided and worked.  We missed meeting each other at her mom’s home.  This was the occasion when Lisa’s mom and I chatted for a while; I felt bad not explaining to her mom who seemed confused of this woman in her presence reminiscing about events in her daughter’s life when she was dating Nick.  I have written, re-written, and delayed mailing letters to Lisa; I occasionally travel to her community on business.  We both have moved on in our lives yet I want to see her at least one last time without being an intrusion into her life. Part of my hesitance is my fear that she may react negatively.

Linda:  As a preface, my profuse apologies to you for I do not recall if this is your name; it is the name as fixed in my memory.  We met when you came to the military base where I was employed as a civilian (1978).  You were there for your two-week TDY assignment to conduct your periodic audit of our Directorate’s activities.  The employees gathered at the Director’s Office to await your appearance while you were speaking to the Director; it was a sad spectacle and I felt your pain knowing that could as much have been mine at any time in the past or future (and it would be).  I made eye contact with you during our office introductions – I wanted you to know that I am with you, even today.  You were gentle with me as I trembled speaking to you in private the first time; we shared a great evening later that first week.  I promptly made contact with Janus exactly as you advised; the results are recorded in this site.

Terry S:  We became co-workers at our Forest Service employment (1981 – 1985).  She had a series of boyfriends, but I was there for her as we gradually became friends.  I could be her dutifull male friend who helpt her move from one apartment to another, helpt install her washer / dryer set, go shopping with her and her daughter Sonja, or just came to visit with her at home sipping coffee and talking for hours at a time.  We had one rough event that made me feel bad what she did but we got over it and no hard feelings were the agreed result (1983).  She was a smoker at a time when smoking was allowed indoors at work.  One day she brought her pack of cigarettes and ash-tray to my desk when I was teaching her work tasks.  I asked her to please not smoke at my desk; she took offence at my request and filed a formal grievance against me.  My low point came during a visit and coffee at her home (1985).  She began looking at me – studying my appearance.  Mid-sentence during conversation she asked me why I had no hair on my arms or face.  What could I say to her?  I was nearing the end of transition but not willing to spill the beans on my privacy; I could not take the chance that she would repeat my situation at work.  I am so sorry, Terry, that I felt cornered and had to lie to you.

Dr. Charles R:  I departed on my Forest Service transfer to Utah (1980).  I would be off meds from the time of my last prescription before the move (1980) until I met Dr. Charles during an out-of-state business trip (1983).  He readily accepted me into his practise and granted prescriptions for me – 6.5 mg purple Premarin to re-start and gradually easing to generic estrogen at 2.5 mg per day through the next decade.  I learned and used phyto-estrogens during the intervening years of 1981 and 1982 from the Salt Lake City 9th and 9th herb store; I have no scientific way to know whether phyto-estrogens worked as a substitute.  Dr. Charles was quite pleased when I presented to him as Sharon (1985); I proved that I made successfull progress during those the years and was secure having completed transition to female full-time forever.

Betty:  She was one co-worker at my Forest Service location who was truly supportive of me defending myself against their retaliation.  She knew my feminist politics outside my job certainly contributed to being targeted by agency management appointed by an extremely anti-feminist president.  She frequently clipt news articles for me; I have one framed and in a place of honour at home.  We enjoyed working jigsaw puzzles together during break-time and lunch-time.

Debbie E:  We became friends through our membership and activities with a civics organisation located at Utah.  She frequently invited me to Fridays and weekends at her home.  I’d bring my VCR; we’d watch movies, other times I set up my VCR for her daughter to watch movies in her room while Debbie and I talked politics.  We saw ABC’s ‘The Day After’ event on TV together.  Debbie brought me to read Mary Daly’s ‘Gyn-Ecology’.  I invited Debbie to join me to attend the ‘Seeds of World Conflict’ classes at University of Utah (1983).  Debbie introduced me to Sonia Johnson; I filmed some of her presidential campaign activities (1984).  I wanted to tell Debbie about my self.  She seemed a good try considering her feminist leanings.  I sensed an under-current, however.  I had no knowledge of the term TERF at that time in the past, but it was what I suspected of her – correctly or not – that eventually convinced me she was not a good tell.  I’ll not know the accuracy of that decision unless we meet again.

Lee Anne W: She was the impetus for the civics group in which I participated for nearly four years.  I made speeches at public events as a member; I produced a film journal of the group’s activities.  She owned two Lhasa Apso dogs; I got to care for them for a week or so when she went out of town.  She remains politically active in Utah politics; I wrote to her puzzled that she now runs as a Republican.

Timothy H:  We met at a protest against the Mormons, their opposition to the ERA and Constitutional rights for women, and their intrusion of religion into politics (1983).  He was from Spanish Fork but then residing at Salt Lake City with his wife who accepted him as homosexual.  I did not know he was homosexual at first; he managed to tell me about himself though I could not muster the fortitude to tell him about myself.  I presented to him as a heterosexual male; he never made any pass at me – at least none that I recognised and none any way similar to co-worker Steve from my Forest Service job (1980).  I felt safe hanging out with Tim and his group of homosexual male friends many Fridays or Saturdays at ‘Gay’ Dee’s.  One day we were sitting on his sofa watching a movie.  He went to grab something and noticed my hands.  He held his hand palm-to-palm to my hand and remarked, ‘You have feminine hands.’  Another time we were ‘rasslin’ on his bed; totally innocent as far as I was concerned, ‘guy stuff’, I guess.  His knee landed between my legs where he expected something was there and profusely apologised.  Then he noticed there was no ‘there’ there.  This time he asked me, ‘Are you a woman?’  I felt trapt again and made some lame answer.  We enjoyed listening to Plague of Locust’s ‘Utah, Gateway to Nevada’ album and book from Cosmic Aeroplane.  Tim introduced me to his Lesbian friends, Carol and her wife (sorry, I do not recall her wife’s name).  We became our own foursome.  We shared a going away potluck dinner for me when I departed Utah (1985).  Tim was on my short list of telephone calls that I made during mid-1985 when I revealed my self.  He exclaimed, ‘I knew!  I was right!’ when I told him of my completed transition.  As with my friends from my past, we lost contact.  Hey, Tim, are you still there?  Does anyone still go to ‘Gay’ Dee’s at downtown Salt Lake City?  Tell them ‘Hello’ for me.

Nancy T:  She is more than a sister to me though she is the daughter of my mother’s older brother and his wife.  If you read my ‘Not the Mommy’ post (among others), then you read that I wrote how it could be possible that we are sisters – stranger events are true.  Her family and my family encouraged us to become pen-pals and write to each other; we did so throughout our lives as our families travelled the world and we compared our adventures.  She was the first relative I wanted to visit post my 1983 operation; I secured plans to travel to her location at Parachute, Colorado, for Memorial Day weekend.  I arrived exhausted from the drive yet eager with excitement and wanting to tell her in my enthusiasm; we did not seem to get quiet time to be alone.  Her parents wanted to drive me around the area for a tour of that part of the state.  Then I realised that it might be carefull for me to delay telling Nancy.  She recently converted from Catholic to Seventh Day Adventist; maybe she took a turn into conservatism that had a sharp disagreement about my self.  Nancy invited me to her wedding the next year – an all expences paid trip.  That environment was certainly not the time and place for me to impose my situation upon her – it was her moment, not mine.  I made a film of her wedding; I hope she enjoyed it.  My life and inclination had never been a family secret, what with my open outbursts of feminine protesting throughout my childhood and teen years.  My mom and sister knew all the details of my estrogen prescriptions, though they were in denial and thought those pills were fakes.  Nancy sent a letter to me and enclosed a brochure from her church (1986).  That brochure was a lecture that it was going against her church’s deity for me to change my sex.  Hmm?  Since I am female, was erroneously assigned at birth as male and raised as a boy, and restored my sex to female as a young adult, it seems muddled what sex she was telling me to remain.  Since I am female, then I suppose this brochure meant that I should not change to male; okee-dokee, I’ll stay female.  I had not heard from her since 1986.  I did an Internet search for her last year.  I located a woman with her same name (maiden and married names), same birth information, same personal history, same work history.  Eureka! I thought – I found Nancy.  I sent e-mails to that Nancy.  She returned no reply to me.  One day a few months later I found a brief statement at her Facebook page saying that she is not cousin Nancy and to not bother her.  Oh well.

Connie (‘CJ’) B:  She and I met during an accounting class at college.  We participated in a class work group and became friends; we eventually became more than friends, at least as I perceived our relationship.  She dated me and dined me in her effort to develop our relationship.  I knew her being Lesbian but I had a difficult time coming out to her about my own Lesbian orientation as well as my medical past.  I knew I had female anatomy but I had no confidence that she or any other female would accept me.

Eddie:  We met outside Gibson’s one night before a rock show (1994).  We each chatted our interest in community television.  I had been developing a ‘live on stage’ recorded TV show.  Eddie told me that he produced videos for his band, that most bands were okay being taped for a TV show and the public exposure it would bring.  This was years before YouTube and other Internet video web-sites; a time when few people had video cameras.  I had a slow start getting bands to approve being on my show (‘Rock Club Rising’; you can read about it in ‘Eat the Document’ published by ‘Phoenix New Times’, http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/eat-the-document-6421801).  As time 2015-xx-xx-dreamy-morning-frontprogressed, my music show gathered as a snowball and bands eagerly arranged for me to video record them; Eddie’s band was among the frequent regulars.  One day before a performance, Eddie outright asked me if I am M-F transsexual.  I could not take the chance of my being outed; I lied to him, as sorry as I was to do that.  Okay, Eddie, here you know; technically I did not lie, my past is complicated.  As I explained in my ‘Victor / Victoria’ post, there was a time in my life when I was a female pretending to be a male who was living as a woman pretending to be a man.

Alana J:  Wow!  Your autobiography and mine are quite similar; we walked much of the same path but at different times.  We discussed this a few weeks ago.  You can read Alana’s autobiography, ‘Dreamy Morning’ (ISBN 9781515207405).  She poured her heart and soul into her story; it deserves to be read.  Browse her web-sites:

  • ‘DreamyMorning.com’.





Sahwdee Kah!  May the Friendly Baan Siri Dragon welcome your return down the path in good will and good health, one and all.





There you go, Dear Reader. I have bored you with another long treatment of my life.  That’s okay.  Writing is good therapy and I enjoyed this walk down my own memory lane.

I withheld comment on the many people of our community with whom I have had contact this past year.  We are a small group and I currently choose not to single out those who may know each other.  It is a way in which I respect your privacy and do not intrude into your personal life; don’tcha know.  You will let me know you are ready to be open to be noted when and where.

Until we meet again … Kapung Kah.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s